Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycles and Motorcyclist of the Central United States of America

Doyle "DJ" Fike 1943-2014

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sBk
Admin
sBk

Doyle "DJ" Fike 1943-2014 Empty
PostSubject: Doyle "DJ" Fike 1943-2014   Doyle "DJ" Fike 1943-2014 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 6:05 am

Quote :
Doyle Fike
October 3, 1943 - November 26, 2014

Mr. Doyle Evans Fike, age 71, of Martin died Wednesday, November 26, 2014, at his residence.

There will be visitation between 2:00PM and 4:00PM on Sunday, 11/30/2014, at Murphy Funeral Home. Burial will be at a later date.

Mr. Fike is survived by his wife, Sheryl Ann Fuller Fike of Martin; son, Christopher Fike of Mooresville, North Carolina; daughter, Sharon O'Hara of Kenai, Alaska; brother, Jack Fike of Big Rapids, Michigan; sister, Nancy Nausadis of Gowon, Michigan; two grandchildren, Chelsea O'Hara and Nathan Stessney. He was preceded in death by his parents, Doyle Leroy Fike and Dorothy Elaine Evans Fike.

Mr. Fike was a retired tire builder with Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company. He was a veteran, U.S. Army.

dj and I met on a motorcycle forum, and we admittedly had a roller coaster of a ride on there.

His recollection of some of the group rides back east, I took them as gospel. A few others, well, let's just say they saw and remembered what they wanted too. And that made for some heated discussions.

Many years ago, a ride was coordinated in the midwest, and dj made the trip, even though he was about a dozen hours to ride to get there.

He never whined about anything, he did what he said he would do, he was "the real deal" and will be remembered as such.

The man could ride, and one of the greatest compliments I ever had came from him. On the mentioned ride, I was on a beater of a GL500. We were riding hard, and after one stretch, Doyle complimented my ability to ride.

May not of been true, may not of applied, but it made me feel good, and who can put a price on another human making another feel good?

Priceless IMO, Godspeed DJ, you're remembered.
Back to top Go down
https://motohorseman.forumotion.com

Doyle "DJ" Fike 1943-2014
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Motohorseman :: Central Missouri Motorcycle Riders :: Godspeed-
Jump to: